Thursday, December 07, 2006

Bottom 5 of 50 for 2006!


50. Gossip Standing in the Way of Control
A pretty good album from the souly southern punkers, but the title track itself is easily one of the years best songs.









49. Matthew Sweet/Susanna Hoffs Under the Covers Vol. 1
Yes, it's an album of 2 artists not held in very high regard doing mostly 60s covers from the usual suspects, ala Dylan, Beatles, Bee Gees, Love. The harmonies are other worldly though, and it's a lot of fun to sing along with. Tacking on the "Vol. 1" is going to make them look pretty stupid of "Vol. 2" never happens though.








48.Arctic Monkeys - Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not
I'll pretty much always check out what the Brits have their knickers in a knot over, and this is a good solid rock album from some young dudes. Will I buy their next one? Probably not.








47.Beck - The Information
Whoa. Another damn Beck album, another alleged return to form. At least the stickers distracted me from the fact that it's really NOT that different from Guero, which was a pretty okay album. I haven't even watched the DVD yet, which might have propelled this one a little higher. Hmm.








46. TV On The Radio -Return To Cookie Mountain
I feel like TVOTR didn't deliver on the statement made with the title of this album here. Where are the cookies? I don't find myself singing along like I did with the first full length. Oh well, it's still good.

No comments: