Monday, January 01, 2007

Intoxicated Next 5!


15. Joanna Newsom - Ys
This could have been #1. I never got my hands on a physical copy of the vinyl though, so I didn't spend as much time as I would have liked with it. It is a really beautiful amazing singular record, but it really requires a commitment, and I never got to give it what it deserves.








14. Centro-matic - Fort Recovery
I love Centro-matic. Another band that can phone in a record and still score pretty high in my book. I'm not saying this one is phoned in though. There are some bands you want to keep doing the same thing though, and they are one.









13. M. Ward - Post War
Another case of good, but just not as good as the last one in my book. He's got one magic trick, and that's it?










12. Loose Fur - Born Again in the USA
A completely underrated album. I listen to this thing way more than the last actual Wilco album. I stand by the statement I made when I heard it the first time: awesome like (EARLY) Steve Miller. There is nothing wrong with being awesome like Steve Miller.








11. Beirut - Gulag Orkestar
This is the type of hypey thing I usually avoid, but it's difficult to avoid really well done beautiful music. Let the "Hype" debate begin!

No comments: