Friday, May 30, 2008

Going on Vacation (In Chicago)

I am taking a week of vacation starting Saturday to stay in Chicago and go to shows. Yes, there is actually a show I am going to every night (and some days) for one whole week. I get to go to almost all my favorite Chicago venues, and some that I really hate (i'm not naming names). However, there is some sort of fun tax being imposed upon me by the city of Chicago; I have to report for jury duty in Rolling Meadows at 9:00 am Friday, and work afterwards. As you can see, I am still awake per my normal sleep cycle at 3:33 am. I have to "wake up" in 3 hours.

I'm going to do my best to post about every show, the schedule looks something like this:

Saturday May 31: Do Division with Mucca Pazza, Breeders @ Metro
Sunday June 1: Do Division with Tully Monster, Ted Leo & More!, Johnny & the Limelites, the Spits @ Beat Kitchen
Monday June 2: Islands @ Logan Square, Baby Alright @ Sonotheque (looking for someone to come with me this evening!)
Tuesday June 3: Nels Cline Singers @ Martyrs
Wednesday June 4: Jamie Lidell @ Abbey Pub
Thursday June 5: Old 97s at Metro
Friday June 6: MAYBE R.E.M., Modest Mouse, the National @ United Center
Saturday June 7: Detholz!, Baby Teeth, Danny Black @ Hideout, with DJ Bobby Conn dance party to follow!
Sunday June 8: the M's, Centro-matic @ Schubas

No comments: