Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Editorial: Hooray for the Racounteurs.



If you don't know the story, read this.

Good on these guys! I know I am probably in the minority here, but I do NOT want to hear a leaked copy of an album I am eagerly anticipating. I miss the days of midnight sales that mean something. I am doing my damndest to not listen to the upcoming R.E.M. album. I saw the video for the first single on MTV2 Sunday night, which is fine. I do not want to hear the album until I am looking at a thing that is that new album. It's going to be officially streaming on Facebook, but I'm not going to crack! I like that the Raconteurs are taking such care to get it out to everyone. Okay, so I have to give kudos to Radiohead too. While I'm kudoing, I'll sling some the way of the Black Crowes who got their latest album reviewed by Maxim magazine without sending out a single copy! Wait, back to the Ranconteurs. Take a look at that cover art, that must have taken longer to make than the whole album!

No comments: