Sunday, February 10, 2008

The Grammys 2008

I can't remember the last time I cared about the freakin' Grammys. Chicago was well representing this year, and of course I was curious about Amy Winehouse's performance, so I figured I could endure.

Ugh.

The majority was intolerable. Kanye and Daft Punk were awesome! Kanye's speech was great too, chiding them to turn off the "hurry up" music and when he started talking about his mama he really stuck it to them.

Breaking update: the death montage was stirring. Have now tuned out of the Pavarotti tribute.

Anyhoot. Tina and Beyonce was tolerable, would have been better without Ms. Bootylicious. The Time would have been better without whoever that was...

I never really thought Wilco would win, but the brief glimpse of Jeff Tweedy and Susan Miller in the crowd was pretty cool. I really thought Bruce would win, but hey, go Foo Fighters? At least Pat Smear is hanging with them again.

Then there's Amy. I really wanted to hate that album. I have this attraction to... women with issues? I don't know how to put it really. I mean, I like to party, I can understand how you can just... get caught up in that? Whatever. She can sing, she sang well, and I am glad she won those awards. She seemed nackered however.

In the old codger department: would you believe Little Richard is younger than Jerry Lee Lewis? Maybe Jerry Lee should hire his makeup artist!

No comments: